Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Cajun Beans

C is out with work tonight, so I was looking for a really quick easy dinner. The kids get almost unmanageable around 5:00 every night and when I'm cooking it's just bad news. This turned out really well. I'd add more spice if it was just me eating it. It did have a little too much salt for me, so I'd make my own cajun seasoning next time with paprika, oregano and thyme. It would also be good with a few other veggies like red pepper and corn thrown in there.

2 T olive oil
1 medium onion chopped
1 clove garlic chopped
1 15oz can chopped tomatoes
1 T white vinegar
1/2 t cajun seasoning
1 red potato chopped
3 oz ham steak
1 can butter beans
pepper to taste

Saute the onions in the olive oil until transparent and soft. Add the garlic and cook for another minute before adding the tomatoes, vinegar, cajun seasoning, potato, ham, beans and pepper. Cook for about 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment